On Wednesday, May 7th, 2014 I received a call from my Mom that her Uncle Bob had passed away suddenly. Uncle Bob was someone who was near and dear to our hearts. He wasn't just an Uncle but he had lived with us for a few years (from my 5th grade year to my Senior year in High School). So, I immediately told my Mom that I wanted to go down to Sidney, Iowa to visit and see how Uncle Bob's son Rick and his sister Alice (who was making the drive from Minnesota) was doing. So, we go down there for the evening and get caught up on what's happened, etc. On our drive back to Omaha, NE we decided to stop at Wendy's at the I-29 and Highway 2 interchange and get something to eat as it was now about 9:45pm and we had yet to eat. Well, that experience went so well that I sent this email to Consumer.Relations@wendys.com Thu, May 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM :
"I don't ever send feedback... but the experience I had last night at your Wendy's located at 2111 SAPP BROS. DRIVE, PERCIVAL, IA 51648. I looked for a feedback card but couldn't find one in the restaurant, but here's the low down.
We at spent all evening in Sidney, IA because we had just learned that my Great Uncle Bob had passed away suddenly at 69 years old. My Mom and I drove down from Omaha, NE as soon as we heard the news. He is my Mom's Uncle. On our way back to Omaha we stopped at Wendy's to get Dinner as we had yet to eat.
It was 9:45pm and I went up to place my order at the counter and I waited for a little bit as someone from in the back finally came up to the register. She was a middle aged brunette woman. She was eating some sort of chicken nugget while she rung up my order and she seemed grumpy.
While I was placing my order, my Mom was using the restroom. She came out placed her order, then I used the restroom. But before doing so I filled my drink, but there were no lids for the 32 oz cups and that I forgot to say that it was to go.
So, my Mom finished her checkout and I said, "You guys are out of lids for these cups..." and I got cut off with a sharp remark from the middle aged woman, "Yes, I know, I haven't made it out to refill them!" I then said I need the order to go, and she shot back, "All the orders are to go because we are closing in a few minutes!"
When she handed my a lid from behind the counter, I reached for it and it seemed to me that she purposely short handed it and dropped it on the counter instead.
I used the restroom, which wasn't very well maintained with an old nasty bathroom faucet and a hand dryer that I couldn't figure out how to get to work ad no paper towels, so I dried my hands on my pants.
Well, I walked out to my car with my food to wait for my Mom and when she got in the car my Mom turns and looks at me and says, "That lady is a bitch!"
I thought you would like to know how your people are running the store that has the Wendy's name on it."
I received a reply from Melissa.Sutherland@wendys.com on Thu, May 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM:
"Hi Travis,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I apologize for your experience at our restaurant. I have forwarded this to the District and General Manager in that area. You should be hearing from a manager within 2 business days to discuss this incident. If you do not, please let me know. Also, since this is a Franchise location the email will not be an @wendys.com address and could go into your spam inbox. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention."
Well, those 2 days have come and gone and it has now been 2 weeks and NO ONE has called or emailed. This leads me to ask, is Eric Cartman from South Park right? Do gingers really have no soul? I'll let you decide, here's a picture to look at while you ponder that question:
![]() |
| Does this ginger have a soul? |
From @wendys: "@tramiken We're so sorry about this, Travis. We found you in our system, and we're escalating your complaint to the Franchise Area Director."
I received an email from wendyspercival@bhi.com: "Dear Travis,
Thank you for contacting Wendy’s about the customer service you received during a recent visit to our restaurant in Percival Iowa. We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.
Customer service is the primary focus of our restaurant teams. Rude treatment of a customer or inappropriate behavior is not acceptable any time.
Please be assured that we have discussed this incident with the manager and employees involved, and have reviewed our customer service and courtesy training with them.
Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.
Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
Sincerely,
Carl Bryant"
To which I replied with the comment that was left when Magesius shared it on his personal Facebook and it received this comment from a friend of his Julie: "This location is on our route to Omaha...we have learned our lesson and will not stop again. Their bathrooms are gross, they are usually out of everything and they take forever. The employees are rude and always act offended if we ask for anything additional like ketchup or napkins. Hopefully someone from cooperate comes to inspect soon. New ownership/management is needed."
Which came this reply from bryantcw@hotmail.com (Who is apparantly the same person who runs the email wendyspercival@bhi.com): "Travis, I bought this store in January . We are doing everything possible to upgrade the store. I'm at the store most days. The next time your around Percival stop in and I'll buy lunch. Thanks Carl Bryant"
Which came this reply from bryantcw@hotmail.com (Who is apparantly the same person who runs the email wendyspercival@bhi.com): "Travis, I bought this store in January . We are doing everything possible to upgrade the store. I'm at the store most days. The next time your around Percival stop in and I'll buy lunch. Thanks Carl Bryant"

No comments:
Post a Comment