I am the king of forgetfulness and moronic moves. In fact, if Forgetfulness was a medieval town, I would be its Earl. Everyone forgets things from time to time; it’s a common occurrence. Heck, some of us do dumb shit every day. To reach my level, however, it takes a special kind of stupid. If Forrest Gump and Rain Man had an absentminded love child, that would be me. My latest episode of idiocy showed my in-laws what they let their daughter marry and gave them a glimpse of the awesomeness they have in store for their senior years.
The most recent incident occurred this weekend when I
invited the family out to see our favorite local cover band in what was supposed
to be the band’s final show. We met up
for dinner at Brewsky’s about two hours early to make sure we got seats. After eating our food, throwing back a few
beers, and some conversation, it was time for the band to go on. As I looked at the stage throughout the
night, I saw people readying the equipment, only none of them were band members
I recognized. It seemed strange to me
that a cover band would have roadies, but maybe they were just that popular, I
thought. When the roadies started
singing, however, I knew someone had fucked up.
I’d give you three guesses on who it was, but you’d only need one. You’re right.
It was Gump Man Jr.
I was sure that I had checked and double-checked the date
and time on Facebook, and was sure the show was on December 28th,
but when I logged in to prove it, I only verified the fact that the Earl of
Stupid had once again donned his cape to show off his awful super power. The band had already played on the 14th. I was only two weeks off.
![]() |
| Are you serious with this band? |
·
Forgetting $150 in steaks, hamburgers and
chicken from Omaha Steaks on the front stair of my girlfriends house on a 102
degree day while I drove home halfway across town
·
Forgetting to pay a doctor’s bill for so long
that I got sued. (and YES, this was
forgotten, not just not paid)
·
Leaving my daughter at her grandparents all day
because I forgot she was there
·
Going to pick up my kids from school when they
had no school
·
Losing my keys and finding them in the refrigerator
with the beer
·
Forgetting to set my fantasy football lineup
resulting in me playing with no tight end, kicker or defense and only losing by
6
·
Leaving the front door of my house open the
entire weekend while I stayed at my girlfriend’s
·
Forgetting my cruise card in the slot machine I
was playing on my honeymoon which could have resulted in thousands of dollars
in gambling charges that weren’t mine
·
Walking into the wrong house on Thanksgiving
with a pumpkin pie, much to the surprise of the family residing there
·
Opening the back of my SUV to load groceries
only to realize by the car seats within that it wasn’t even my car

No comments:
Post a Comment